I’ve been nominated the Liebster award by Franny Marie….Thanks Franny!
Here are the questions I have been asked:
1) what are you working on right now in your writing life?
I’m about 12,000 words into my second book….it’s a sequel to my first manuscript (dancing with fireflies). Book 2 has no name yet, but it will probably leap out at me by the end….well that’s the plan anyway!
2) What made you have a love for writing?
This is tricky. I was never a prolific writer as a child or teen. As an adult I was looking for something to keep my the creative side of my brain occupied with wonderful thoughts rather than worry, up popped writing…now I can’t stop. Having said that I am having a touch of writers block.
3) What does your writing area look like? (picture please)
I have a small office off the kitchen which looks out onto the garden. Its freezing in winter and boiling in summer but its a great space.
4) Whats your favorite book?
God of small things by Arundhati Roy. It’s the only book I wouldn’t lend.
5) Whats your favorite season?
Late spring, ie now…the days are getting longer, the sun is shining and my vegetable patch is looking pretty healthy.
6) what do you like to do in your spare time? (Writing doesn’t count)
Cooking, eating, growing things, drinking good wine and dreaming about owning a farmhouse in Tuscany having secured a book deal.
7) are you outgoing or are you a homebody?
I love being at home. I love seeing new places.
8) what kind of music do you listen to?
That depends on where I am and who I’m with. I run to anything fast and uplifting and chill out with something a bit more ‘Ibiza’.
9) if you could choose to either change you past decisions or watch the rest of your future in small glimps in a 3 minute video.
Not sure what this means…do I look back or forward? I try and be an ‘in the moment’ kind of person.
10) Lover or a fighter?
11) What state do you live in?
Mostly in a state of constant thoughts…no really…I live in the UK.
11 random facts about myself:
1. I’m celebrating my half a century birthday in a tipi.
2. I sniff Neroli oil when I’m stressed.
3. I hate the word unprecedented.
4. I love the feeling of a new writing pad or notebook.
5. I listen to radio 4 all day to keep me company.
6. 8 tracks is my new way to listen to music.
7. I’m verging on agoraphobia…I loathe queues & shops.
8. I have 3 men in my life…my husband, my son and my dog.
9. My car has turned into a mobile shed ( I garden for my elderly neighbours).
10. My favourite drink is peppermint tea and Shiraz…preferably not at the same time.
According to the rules I need to nominate 11 bloggers for the award ….drum roll please:
My 11 questions to you guys are:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. How often do you sit down and write it?
3. Do you know what you are going to write about before you click ‘new post’.
4. Do you get bloggers block?
5. Do you still tingle when you notice you have a comment?
6. How would you be spending your time if blogging didn’t exist.
7. Can you touch type?
8. How do you find new blogs to follow?
9. Do you follow blogs just because they follow you, even if they don’t interest you?
10. Are you pleased you were nominated for this award?
Phew…that was actually quite time consuming..enjoyable though. Better go and do some writing.